If you are planning to enter a market, you should conduct market research first. Market research provides you with valuable information such as customer’s preferences, latest market trends, competitors, and so on. Here, we will tell you a part of desserts market research in Qatar, namely the bakery industry.
The bakery product market is estimated to grow 5.2% annually from 2020 to 2025. The market is projected to experience considerable advancement during these years as demand for ready to eat food products is growing in Qatar.
The manufacturers of bakery products in Qatar are mainly from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. These manufacturers are putting their focus on Qatar’s potential market. They plan to expand their business in the country to supplement the demand for bakery products.
The bakery product market in Qatar is segmented by types: bread, biscuits and cookies, cakes and pastries, morning goods, and others. It is also segmented by distribution channels: convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores, specialty stores, and others.
Desserts Market Research in Qatar: Key Market Trends
Based on ultraradeforce4him.com, there are two key market trends according to market research Qatar. The first is that the market share of the bakery product market is dominated by bread. Bread has the largest market share, accounting for over 30% of the market share, followed by biscuits, cakes and pastries, morning goods, and others.
The second key market trend is that the key factor driving the bakery products’ growth is online retailing. Online retailing offers convenience to customers as they can select what products they want, what flavors, and from which brands they buy the products very easily.
The bakery product market in Qatar is very competitive albeit more fragmented than consolidated. There are six major players in the market although there are no clearly dominant players.
To optimize their offerings and achieve consolidation, these major players opt for mergers and acquisitions. Some of the major players have been merging or acquiring with bakery product manufacturers in foreign markets to expand their geographical presence.
Current Trends in Bakery Ingredients
Here are some current trends in bakery ingredients:
- Egg replacers are used to produce vegetarian baked products as well as reduce the allergens incidence. One of the commonly used egg replacers is algal flour. Algal flour reduces calories and fat while maintaining the best taste of the product.
- Ingredients like sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, and lactitol are used as a sugar replacement to make sugar-free cookies.
- Sodium caseinate is used to improve wheat bread and increase the water absorption rate.
- Soluble fiber is used to improve the quality of the product as well as reduce the fat contents.
- Enzymes, such as lipases and amylases, are used to increase the softness and freshness of bakery products. These enzymes help to maintain the quality of the products after storage.
This desserts market research in Qatar should give you a glimpse of the bakery industry. The bakery product market is expected to grow 5.2% from 2020 to 2025 as the demand for ready to eat food is growing. Bread is the most dominant bakery product, accounting for over 30% of the market share.